Senior Care Assistant - Cheshunt - Supported Living
Abbots Care Ltd. are the Company and Employer of choice for Home Care within Hertfordshire, UK. We are a lead provider in the field of care and make a difference to our Service User’s lives by providing highly trained and compassionate Care Assistants. We have an unrivalled customer care service and take pride in valuing all those who work for us and placing our Service User's needs at the heart of everything we do.
As a Senior Care Assistant, we offer you the opportunity to have a progressive and very meaningful career, providing care and support to vulnerable individuals as well as acting as a role model to our junior staff.
All of our Senior Care Assistants are there to promote independence and assist with everyday aspects of our Service User’s lives, for some you may be required to assist with more complex support as the Service User's we provide care for are as unique as you are. There is a whole range of duties that can involve companionship, personal care, supporting in social activities and light domestic chores.
Working pattern: Evenings, nights and weekends in a supported living setting. 160 contracted hours per 4 weeks (40 Hours per week).
Requirements for the role:
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Attentive to the needs of others
- Caring and dedicated
- Prior experience in a senior role
- Completed a minimum of Level 2 studies in health & social care
- Access to your own vehicle
- Experience coordinating and managing staffing Rota's
- Writing care plans and reviewing older care plans
- Observing staff and their care practices
- Completing referrals of new service users
- Reporting to the Team Leader of the supported living lodge (also known as flexi schemes)
If you are interested in exploring a career or employment opportunities within health and social care, we'd like to hear from you. All we ask of you is that you genuinely care and want to make a difference to a person’s life.
- Guaranteed contracted hours
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive training programme*
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid care certificate*
- Paid DBS application*
- Paid shadow shifts
- Shifts with variable availability options
- Paid update training*
- Free uniform
- Friendly and supportive management team
- Flexible shift patterns
- Career development opportunities
- Apprenticeship opportunities within health & social care*
- *Terms and Conditions apply.*