Clinical Specialist Care Lead
Are you a driven, highly motivated nurse looking for your next career challenge?
Do you want to use your existing skills and qualifications to educate and develop others?
Are you looking for a better work/life balance?
Abbots Care are recruiting a Clinical and Specialist Care Lead (RGN, RMN, RNLD or equivalent) who has a passion for learning and is looking to share their healthcare knowledge through coaching and mentoring our care staff.
Abbots Care offer a wide range of professional care services for children and adults. We are a family-run care agency with over 30 years’ experience in providing excellent home care services, and we tailor each care package to meet the individual needs of our service users.
When you join the Abbots Care Team you join our family and a care company unlike any other. We employ over 500 care workers, who provide outstanding care to our service users. We are looking to recruit an individual who has that same burning dedication and passion for their chosen vocation. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you today!
You will receive comprehensive training as part of your induction as well as ongoing support from our senior management team and healthcare professionals.
We will consider applications from all nursing levels; however the minimum requirement is 3 years nursing experience. The ideal candidate will have a keen mind for learning and developing, as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Provide continued clinical input and support for staff in the daily delivery and support for individuals in their own home
- The Clinical and Specialist Care Lead will be responsible for all matters pertaining to the safe training and competency assessments of our staff, in relation to our specialist healthcare and nurse-led services.
- The Clinical and Specialist Care Lead will deliver training for specialist and complex healthcare conditions (including but not limited to gastrostomy, ventilator, stoma, catheter, peg feeding, spinal injury) and they will assess the competency of each individual they have trained. In addition, the role includes supporting, advising and identifying the learning needs of individual staff members, and ways of addressing these. The delivery of evidence-based care and reflective practice should be promoted.
- To oversee all clinical care packages and be prepared to independently upskill your competencies in line with the changing needs of our service users.
- To provide ongoing clinical input and support for our care workers.
- To ensure that each service user has their unique clinical care plan appropriately implemented and evaluated to accommodate their changing healthcare needs
- To deliver specialist training to our existing care staff and to make them competent in areas of complex healthcare. (This will include carrying out competency assessments, spot checks and supervision sessions).
- Manage a team of trainers who are responsible for delivering mandatory training and the Care Certificate.
- Competitive salary
- Working hours normally Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Additional mileage paid at market leading rates
- Fully Paid induction and training programme
- Ongoing CPD support.
- Fantastic career progression and development opportunity.