Care Co-ordinator - Companionship Service
Abbots Friends is a brand new non-profit service to help combat loneliness and isolation in the South East of England. This new initiative will support the Abbots Care vision and will rely on caring and compassionate volunteers delivering companionship and social support in the local community.
This means we have an exciting opportunity for a part-time, caring and forward-thinking Activities Care Co-ordinator to help coordinate, recruit and mentor volunteers.
This is an exciting and crucial role that will make a significant impact on the well-being of vulnerable adults in the local community.
The new role will involve :
- Supporting Service Users in establishing connections within their community.
- Co-ordinating a group of Abbots Friends volunteers to support service users to access the community or spend time socialising with them at home.
- Identify and sculpting appropriate volunteers to support the elderly and people with disabilities.
- Organise group social events and activities to bring our Service Users together for shared interests and to improve their connections to their local community
- Experience in health and social care.
- Full driving license with access to own vehicle,
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Experience/knowledge of supporting individuals into work
- Strong customer service skills
20 days holiday and bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Friendly and supportive management team
Career development opportunities
*Terms and Conditions apply.