Health and Social Care Trainer/ Assessor - Full or Part-time, St Albans
Abbots Care Ltd. are the Company and Employer of choice for Home Care within Hertfordshire, UK. We are a lead provider in the field of care and make a difference to our Service User’s lives by providing highly trained and compassionate Care Assistants. We have an unrivalled customer care service and take pride in valuing all those who work for us and placing our Service User's needs at the heart of everything we do.
For this position it is VERY important that you have a TRAINING QUALIFICATION SUCH AS PTLLS or equivalent.
We are looking for a motivated and compassionate trainer to join our training department, the role will predominantly be based in our St Albans Head office but as the business expands you may be expected to travel between locations around Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and the M4 Corridor to meet the needs of the business and its staff. The role will work closely with the Training Director to plan, create and facilitate mandatory induction training of all care workers that are entering into the business.
Induction training courses include but are not limited to the following course content:
- Mandatory training such as: Health and Safety, Fire, First aid , Moving and handling and assisting medications.
- Induction Training care certificate
- Dementia Care
- End of Life Care
- Epilepsy awareness and management
- Stoma Care
- Continence care
- Understanding Careplans and MAR Charts, Reporting and Recording process
- Nutritional understanding
Essential requirements for the role include
- Excellent vocational experience in the sector for which you are training/assessing and valid/ current teaching qualifications such as PTLLS or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years in Health and Social Care (or similar care settings)
- Experienced delivery of classroom-based activity (mandatory HSC courses)
- Committed to the values of the care industry and becoming a promotor of student growth and understanding during their CPD.
- Personable and engaging personality
- Organised, motivated and dynamically self-reliant in your approach to work
- Enthusiastic and confident, professional demeanor
- Full drivers license and access to your own vehicle
- Clean driving license
- Registered nurse qualifications (RGN, RNLD or RMN)
20 days holiday and bank holidays
Salary is negotiable, bracket begins at £24000 Pro Rata (salary is subject to experience and level of employment - Pro Rata)
Contributory pension scheme
Friendly and supportive management team
Career development opportunities
*Terms and Conditions apply.